Explain P99 Quick Action

sox

I have read several posts, still don't quite get it. I went to the gunshop today. Dealer's response was the quick action is the DAO. I don't think that is correct. My questions are:
1. Is this basically the single action pull like that on the regular P99 after the first DA shot?
2. Is there any weird take up of slack like on the regular P99 after the slide is racked?
3. Is the pull the same as on the regular P99 from a trigger pull weight standpoint?

Thanks for your help gang. Dazed and confused.

Here is a description from the german web site. The DAO is not the same as the QA trigger.

The P99 QA is a P99 with a new quick action trigger. This trigger system required by some law enforcement agencies ensures constant trigger performance from the first to the last shot. The P99 QA is ready to fire immediatly after retraction of the slide although four independently operating safeties guarantee maximum safety for the user.
With the QA trigger, the striker is in a precocked position (approx. 0,24") and further pulling of the trigger results in additional cocking of approx. 1/8" before discharge. Trigger travel is approx. 0,24" with trigger pull of approx. 6.5lbs.
The always safe but short trigger travel guarantees the shooter immediate and precise firing, tipping the scales in critical defense situations.

Back