Experiences With Wholesale Guns CZ-75?

Martowski

Can anyone please post your experiences ordering CZ-75 handguns from Wholesale Guns (formerly Burns Bros.) in NY?

I've been hankerin' for a CZ for a couple years now. Had an EAA Witness, got rid of it. Now own a Hi-Power, and I'm keeping that one! However, I still have the "itch" for the CZ. Since Wholesale Guns has the military overruns for $309, I thought that might be a good deal.

Anyway, please let me know what your experiences with them are and the condition of your "NIB" CZ from them.

Thanks!

You probably saw that earlier thread about the mags not being factory(pro-mag i believe).Other than that i'm in the same boat as you.:)

Yes, I did see the message about the mags. not being factory.

That wouldn't bother me TOO much, as I have had good experience with Pro-Mags in the past in an EAA Witness.

I just want to make sure that if I special order a CZ from Wholesale guns that it will be, in fact, in NIB condition and will arrive in a timely manner.

I may end up just going through a local dealer anyway because I might want to get another finish besides Polymer or maybe even the decocker model.

One guy at CZ Forums is pretty unhappy with their service, and the CZ he got had rust on the slide. I'm in the same boat, trying to figure out where to buy a 75B. Zander's has the same price, but it comes with 2 10 rd. mags. I may go with them and just buy some Pro Mag mags for the 15 rd capacity.

Martowski, As I posted on the cz forum I've had problems with Wholesale guns. I live in california so when I purchased my cz from wholesale I paid extra to have the 15 round mag shipped to Texas. That was on dec. 11. Still no mag. I called 4 or five times to find out what was up. On jan. 15 I was told it was lost in the mail, they had filed a claim, and they wouldn't ship another mag until the post office covered their claim. I told the guy shipment is his problem not mine. He then copped an attitude and told me to be patient it could be another month or two more. I wouldn't deal with them again. For what it's worth the pistol was fine except the front sight dot could have been painted better. That's my experience with wholesale.

Railroader:

Thanks for the heads-up. I think that if I order a CZ, it'll be through my local dealer or in person (if I can find one at a show or something). I don't like the idea of ordering something mail-order and having somone 10 states away screw me on a deal. I think you should keep bugging them and really make a big stink about it. Why? Because poor customer service needs to be confronted just as good customer service needs to be rewarded.

Unfortunately, I feel that the firearms industry is, in general, extremely lacking in customer service. Yes, there are exceptions, but aside from educational institutions, health care, and the government, the gun industry seems to be one of the worst in this area... in general.

I ordered mine from them at that same price. It had the STANDARD mag, as advertised, along with one choked 10rd one. There were no problems with the gun. They ad says that S&H is $10, but they charged me $14. I don't think it's worth quibbling about.

Keep in mind, AFAIK, all of these 'Military' guns were made in '96. Five years of storage on any gun could allow time for some corrosion to creep in unnoticed. That's not an excuse, just reality. Maybe they would offer the courtesy of hand-picking one for you? It's worth asking.

FYI, I later bought a NIB CZ-85 for about $70 more from a local dealer. Though the polymer finish is the same, it does have much a much firmer safety lever, and well as it and the slide-stop being ambidextrous. Maybe that's something you may want to consider.

Good god what do you guys expect. $321 bucks for a new in the sealed plastic wrap made in 1996 gun. spend $600 bucks on a new gun and same diff. Kind of hard to hand pick a new gun in a sealed bag with all the oil. It will be better than a new in the box gun at a gun store in the display shelf. As for problems ordering from Kali you are lucky they went that far as the Kali justice dept would like to hear about that. LOL, ship me the gun but send the mag to Texas. I would do that but you better have another $25 bucks over the mag cost or $75 bucks shipped. And yes the PO is a pain to deal with, if something screws up its a fed case to fix it. I ordered a bunch of stuff from Burns this year and other than a bit slow to ship it was worth the week of shipping time. Duh, they can not ship the guns with the factory mags due to the 94 crime bill. The made in 1996 military guns can not be shipped into the US with the factory mags. Man you guys need to spend $700 bucks and get a Sig.:):)

radom, when you order something do you expect to get it as specified by the paperwork you received or do just go oh well when something that you paid for doesn't arrive as stated on the paperwork(I was charged extra shipping). And do you know where and who that mag was going to in texas, I could have it sold for all you know. And if I live in california that doesn't give anyone the right to rip me off.If you check I'm sure you will find that lots of people have and will continue to buy these pistols that were made in 1996, and come with a 15 round factory mag regardless of what you say about the 1994 crime bill.And as for the sig I'll pass I have a kimber that I'm quite happy with.

Sorry but mine came with a very nice 15 round mag, the shipping was like 2 more bucks than I thought but I could have spent another 150 bucks and got the same gun with a 10 rd mag in a gun shop. Got a commercial CZ-85 that did not come with as nice of a mag set or case as the burns 75 did from SOG and that was 355 bucks. It came in the same sealed plastic pac as the 75 though. You do get hit a few extra bucks at times on shipping from the east coast to the west coast at times, rather pay a few shipping bucks than stocking costs. Burns or Wholesale is like 40-50 bucks less on cost than anyone else on a CZ anyway at dealer cost. Yes they come with a 15 round mag but not the factory mag that was in the gun when it was made. Mine was $321 bucks with shipping not going to have a piss fit over the expected $317 bucks.

Back