Experiences with the Mauser m18 6.5 Creedmoor

p5200

I just took the gamble on this rifle without hardly any reviews on accuracy out yet by any chance, have any of you fine people had any experiences with the new Mauser M18 in any, of the available calibers that are on the market yet? Thanks for all replies! :)

"...the standard reply..." Absolutely, but that'd be no fun. snicker.
It's just another synthetic stocked commercial hunting rifle. Runs about a grand up here.
"...reviews on accuracy..." Those are mostly irrelevant as accuracy depends on the ammo used.

Get out there and shoot the thing and let us know how it does. You can be the 1st to post a report.

I'm betting it is better than average. They've incorporated several newer design features that have proven to be accurate, yet inexpensive to build.

Just for reference, how much can one expect to pay for one of these. I've not seen one for sale anywhere yet.

I'm hoping to shoot it soon, I want to clean the factory preservatives out of the bore etc. first and any more, my health kind of dictates my plans quite often Thanks folks! :) I paid $650.00 at my local Academy store!

Last edited:
Doesn't anyone read any Gun rags anymore?
This is the working man's new Mauser, it is featured in Rifle Magazine.
The author of the article doesn't care for synthetic stocks but remarked this one he would say he liked.
It was a .270 win, and it was really accurate with a couple types of commercial ammo.
He really dug the trigger even though it's housed in polymer, also he said that he only had one issue because he "short stoked" a cartridge and it failed to pick it up, but it ejected spent cases with authority.
I like the rifle, and have found them from various suppliers for around the 575.00 mark.
I sent an email to Mauser directly asking them to consider 6.5×55 Swede and 7×57 Mauser.....

It's getting hard to just be polite and ask a simple question anymore without some, people getting their panties in a wad GEEZ! :rolleyes:

Back