Experienced Uplula speed loader users, any issues?

Frankly

Folks,

I bought an Uplula speed loader 'bout half a year ago and thought it was the greatest thing since butter on bread--until my last trip to the range. In all mags, whether 9mm, 40, or 45, the speedloader suddenly will not load the full capacity into the mag. I can get only 9 rounds into the 10-round 45 mag, etc. It starts getting real stiff by round 8. Obviously the speed loader is somehow positioning the rounds incorrectly and they are not going in right. I can hand load and without any effort get the full count into the mags. The question is, what the heck is going on? Has anyone else had any similar experiences with this product? I inspected it closely and cannot see any apparent signs of defect or damage. Nothing looks to be bent or misaligned-- but without a brand new one to compare it to side by side, it's impossible to be sure...

I would love to hear from those of you who have experience with this product, whether you have had issues or not.

Thanks,
Frankly

I've been using mine in my 9mm pistols for 3 or 4 years with no problem.

Try loading one round at a time with the Uplula and check the round's position each time. This will tell you about positioning and whether or not the problem is caused by the speed that you are loading. Or perhaps your mags need cleaning.

Excellent suggestion -- I'll do that. Regarding the mags, naw... if it were one or two mags that would be a consideration, but we're talking around 30 mags, and a few of them on the newer side of life....

That's what I was wondering. No way to tell without comparing it side by side to a new one... maybe I can find someone locally who has one.

Did you ever oil it.If it would be bent down it would hit the front of the part the magazine fits in.If you hold it your hand not on a mag. and work it if its bent up it would hit the part that has the patent on.I would think you would split or break the plastic before you would bend the metal.The reason I asked about the oil was mine wasn't working quite righti oiled it works fine.

The pins and springs I sprayed some on the sides then wiped the excess off.Mine just got kinda slow didn't open back the whole way. Its been working fine since I oiled it.

Back