Experience With Spencer Carbine?

LeadZinger

Anyone have experience shooting the 1865 Spencer Carbine made by Chiappa Firearms? Have a friend that is wanting to sell me his, which he bought new from Taylor's about six years ago. It is in .45 Long Colt, a round that matches my '60 Henry and '58 Rem. Conversion so I already reload it. Don't have a chance to fire this gun since he is out of state. Normally I shoot I C&B and BP cartridge handguns with the Henry being my only long-gun so I have some interest in this Spencer. Fun to shoot an maintain??

I shot my Chiappa .56-.50 in a Cowboy Action match today - finished dead last, of course. :D If I break 80 seconds on a standard 10-10-4 stage, it's a good stage!

JBar - Got to be something with the sights, right?:) Don't you just hate in when all the "ringers" show up at a competition you're shooting in?

I'm looking specifically at the .45 LC and wanting to find out if the blowback is an issue as with the Henry lever action. Perhaps the Sharps action helps with that in the Spencer? The 56-50 is close to the original Spencer 56-56, or so I understand.

I have a 1865 model spencer repeater manufactured by burnside. It's in rough shape & needs to be refinished before I can shoot it unfortunately. Does Chiappa currently manufacture parts for the spencer?

Back