Experience buying from CMP?

Prof Young

Via another string of posts I've been convinced I should buy am M1 Garand via CMP. I'm reading all the CMP stuff and beginning to get it all figured out. I understand that they have exacting expectation and you have to meet all of them.

Any advice or tips you can offer about buying from CMP would be appreciated.

Life is good.
Prof Young

It's all spelled out on their web site. IMHO, there are no hidden "gotchas."

To be eligible to buy from the CMP, you must be a member of an organization that promotes civilian marksmanship. The requirements are spelled out here:
https://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/eligibility-requirements/

Note that, as an alternate to belonging to a CMP-affiliated club, they also sell to members of certain veterans organizations:

Congressionally chartered veterans’ organizations such as the VFW, AL, DAV, MCL, etc.

The hardest part is deciding what grade you want to buy. I haven't looked at their site recently, so I don't know what kind of selections are available.

Sounds stupid, but for me it was truly, read the instructions, fill the forms out, send and wait. I did call or receive a call about my order.

The CMP is known for being one of those places that isn't happy until you are. Even though they have a daft idea that one must be a U.S. citizen to buy from 'em. snicker.
Shoot the matches even if you don't have to. Opens doors.

I have gotten 2 M1s from them. Can't complain, except that I wish they didn't replace the stocks with new ones.

I planned to visit one of their stores when I worked for a company headquartered in NC. Business trips often brought me close enough for a weekend trip there. The plan didn't materialize before they laid us off after a merger.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back