Excel Arms X-22R Vs. Ruger SR-22RSC?

adn258

Both are .22LR and because I love sticking to stock common magazines as an investment, both take Ruger standard 10/22 magazines.
The SR 22RSC seems like a great .22 carbine rifle, but so does the lesser talked about X-22R.

Has anyone here had experience with any of these? The Excel Arms looks cooler in my opinion, and has a upper and lower picatinny rail which is nice. Then again, Ruger seems more reputable.

Excel also makes a S-22P which is a pistol version of a .22 carbine, and again it takes the Ruger 10/22 magazines. I'm also thinking of buying this at some point lol.

I've tried neither, but given that the Excel product has an aluminum barrel to cut weight, if I wanted to use this rifle for AR-type practice, I would want the heavier weight to keep it closer to that of an actual AR.

I have no idea how well a forged aluminum barrel will wear but do know that steel can go over a hundred thousand rounds in this caliber if you don't let bottom fouling accumulate in the barrel for too long. I would never risk running a bronze brush down an aluminum barrel.

Back