Everyone, meet Tate

Clayfish

Hey guys, just got my new hunting buddy yesterday. He's a Chestnut belton Llewellin Setter. Ain't he cute. The breeder (who I hunt with) says he be hunting by december. Well, he'll be in the field learning to hunt. I know many of you have probably seen Hunting with Hank on OLN. Well, Hank is Tate's grandfather! I can't wait to get him all grown up and after birds.

Attachments

• Tate.jpg
    Tate.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 143
Nice lookin speckled pup! Purdy! I hope you give him plenty of time in the field. From the sounds of his bloodline, he will reward you for it.

I had a Llewellyn setter (lemon and white) for 15 years. She was the best dog, best friend, and best companion I could ever had hoped for. Had a good nose and unlimited go. Ya dun good!!

Not to argue with your friend, but if you get any hunts with the pup this year, make them short and fun. A pup will go until it drops if you let it, and they can get burned out if they get cold or tired. Just go until you get a bird or two in hand, then take a break. Save the excitement for a bit later. But you got a real bird dog!

Back