Ever see a six hour pistol?

Lavan

Watching Forensic Files on Netflix last night.
I have...and need... closed caption and I kinda read it alongside watching the program.
Suddenly I see...AND HEAR.... them mention finding a "Six hour pistol."

:confused:

Then they SHOWED the gun.

Ahhhh.... A SIG-Sauer. :D

Naw, they're making pistols out of pykrete, but it should last longer than 6 measly hours!? Maybe that's when you start getting splinters? :rolleyes:

If you think the person transcribing the subtitles is bad you wouldn't believe some of the things that show up when tranlating across a couple languages is thrown into the mix.

we went to see "The Godfather" when it came out in Frankfurt in 1972. I can tell you that it doesn't translate with subtitles. after about 30 minutes we asked the ticket girl when the English version was showing and it was the last show of the night. she let us use our tickets for the that showing

I think most TV closed captioning is done by a computer voice-recognition program. If the speaker isn't speaking very clearly or the vocabulary doesn't exist in the program, the computer throws whatever it considers close up on the screen. Go toForgotten Weapons and play the Hackathorn interview
http://www.forgottenweapons.com/ken-hackathorn-on-the-m1-carbine-reputation-vs-reality/
with closed captioning on. The computer's translation of Hackathorn's words is hilarious. There are "eat malfunctions" and "windy jishus" and more.

Back