ever heard of a stainless Sig P229?

wheelgunner

Inactive
Has anyone ever come across or even heard of a Sig P229 with a Stainless Steel slide? Its not blue over stainless, or nickel, but its clearly marked stainless on the slide. I'm no expert on Sigs but I just bought one on the high end of what posters on this forum said they go for, and I was wondering how rare it is. Also, are high capacity mags availible ? (40 S+W)

Thanks,

Wheelgunner

The P229's slide is machined from a solid billet of stainless steel. You can get either a blackened or brushed silver version. The pistol is available in 9mm, 40SW and 357SIG. Quality is pricey so like all SIG Sauers they're not inexpensive. In my area they go out the door as quick as UPS delivers them at $680. They come standard with two postban 10 rounds mags but 12 rounds prebans are still available. The preban mags fetch a premium so expect to pay a lot for the two extra rounds.

------------------
So many pistols, so little money.

Thanks Tecolote,

I paid a couple bucks more than $680 but I got Night Sights and a blackened version without the Night Sights was a little less than $680. I can't wait to shoot it.

Wheelgunner

FYI, the slides on the P229, P239, and the .40 and .357 versions of the P226 are all stainless steel. They are a machined from a casting not a forged billet.

Back