Ever had this happen with your H&K USP 40 compact?

jadams951

Today I went out and shot 250 rounds of Federal American Eagle 180 grain through my H&K USP 40 compact with factory mags. About halfway through I would fire and when I would release the trigger for it to reset it would get stuck and I would have to barely touch it for it to reset all the way. The gun is kept very clean and cleaned after every shoot. I didn't have any problems as far as firing though because every time I wanted it to go bang it did. I got it field stripped and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. I cleaned it and lubed it up real good especially the lower half and after that it went away and I had no more of the "trigger stick." Anybody have any ideas on what could have caused this?

I would send it in to HK so you'll have the peace of mind of having gun that works SAFELY. You shouldn't have to touch the trigger again to reset it. Don't take the chance. I sent in my new HK USP/C for extraction problems and I got it back @ 3 weeks.

I just got the H&K USP 40 Compact also. I shoot the same ammo you do, but I have not experienced that problem yet. Yesterday I shot 150 rounds through the gun without any problems, not one cartridge jammed. The gun performed as it should, perfect. I would also suggest giving H&K a call, from what I understand they have great customer service.

Hank

I haven't seen it. That doesn't mean much though, ther's a lot I haven't seen. I'd send it to HK too. Better safe than sorry.

jadams951,
That happened to me with my HK .45 Compact. The trigger would need just a little nudge to reset. I sent it back to H&K and they fixed and returned it pretty quickly. I'm at work so I don't have the paperwork to refer to but they replaced the return spring and some other part in the trigger mechanism. Its an annoying problem that I didn't want to try to live with.

Back