Even a blind hog finds a new gun..... or something like that...

Beagle333

Man, I am not one known to be often lucky. But a short time ago, I was perusing gunbroker one night as per usual and just making a wish list and noticed this nice new Cimarron Model P in .44-40 was on there, and so in passing I just dropped a bid of $355. That was more to mark it so I could check on it later than to be a serious offer, and I forgot about it. And apparently so did everybody else! I got a notice last night that I had won the thing! As best I can tell, they go for around $480 almost anywhere. As I said, I'm certainly not the lucky type, but I think it finally happened. :)

Model%20P%2044-40-1_zpseuifceyd.jpg

Model%20P%2044-40-2_zpsrvxciztl.jpg

Last edited:
Nice find.

I just had some luck on GB for the first time the other day. After years of placing bids that I knew wouldn't win I was the only bidder on a rolling block replica in 17hmr...can't wait for it to get here :D

I'm glad luck came your way.That's a very nice pistol fore a very nice price.I hope you relode.That would make it that much sweeter.

Nice gun and a nice price. The case colors are better than on my Model P. You will love the 44-40 once you get used to loading for it.

To the OP, don't feel like the Lone Ranger. Back when I was shooting 44 WCF black powder cartridges I would do that to one or two in every batch of 100. Because of the thin necks on my brass I expanded them minimally - and occasionally paid for it. (smile)

Dave

Have not done that sense I got RCBS Cowboy dies, and am loading a .429.
My Lee dies would load jacketed .427 all day, but they are not right for my .44s

Back