Estimated Value- Older Charter Arms Pathfinder .22

Marine16

Inactive
I need some advice. I have an older vintage Charter Arms Pathfinder .22 that I gently persuaded a former brother in law to give me to hold during a time he was threatening his family and my God Daughter due to drug use. He never asked for it back but I want to pay him for it fairly. It has a part missing off the rear sight and seems to have a knob missing from the rod running into the cylinder. Assuming it had those parts to be fair to him, any idea what this old Bridgeport made Pathfinder is worth ?

Attachments

• Charter6 (400x299).jpg
    Charter6 (400x299).jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 111
  • Charter5 (300x188) (2).jpg
    Charter5 (300x188) (2).jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Get a picture of the rear sight so we can determine what part it is. Ejector rod end cap missing knocks off about $30 I'd say.

I don't see many of these on gunbroker and that's what I'm estimating my price on. If there's nothing bad on the opposite side of the gun, like a lot of bluing wear or rust, and depending on what the issue with the rear sight is... I'd say it's around $200.

That of course depends on the condition of the internals. How is timing and lockup? If there are any issues, Charter Arms will still service the older revolvers for $50 plus whatever the parts cost.

I've been thinking about getting one of the vintage Charter .22's with the 6 inch barrels, but they are really tough to find and I think, maybe, a Heritage .22 Mag/.22 LR with a 9 shot cylinder is a better choice.

Estimated Value - Older Charter Arms Pathfinder .22

Here is a photo of the rear sight.

Attachments

• Charter4 (300x224).jpg
    Charter4 (300x224).jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 90
It's missing the rear sight blade that fits into that groove and you might also be missing the screws that adjust the windage. Check on both sights of the rear sight if the adjustment screws are still there.

The picture is a bit small, but it looks like everything is intact, nothing is broken off.

With the blade gone, Idk how much those cost, but fair price drops down to about $175 in my opinion. Again, I'm only basing this off two auctions I've seen on gunbroker.

I'd give Charter a call, tell them what you have and they may have some of the parts you'll need. The end cap isn't necessary for function, it just looks nice.

if the finish, timing, lock up et cetera are good, I wouldn't go above $200 considering the parts that need replacement.

Back