Essex 1911 frames

zot

the Essex frames from Brownells, stainless
for $120, are they a deal or over priced?
Mr. Stringer you've said you use Essex in
some 1911s you've made, are you buying new or
are they in need of fixing,like some parts that GPC sells that you fit and fix? like the
barrels, I thought you posted once that you paid less for frames, just wonder if theres a source for cheapies, thanks for any info

Zot, I don't know of any source for cheaper frames. I get mine from Brownells. I think the Essex frames are a good deal. My personal carry pistol is built on a stainless Essex. As far as fitting, no, everything I do involves fitting parts to the frame not the other way around. I think even the GPC, read Auto Ordnance, frames are around $200. I've been building pistols on Essex for over 15 years and haven't had any problems yet. George

george,ordered the Essex stainless frame,
what slide do you recommend? I like the price
of the Essex G.I. slide, if I buy all parts
even barrel which would be a new Colt 1911,
what would you charge to fit it all together?
also Israel Arms Int. slide thats in Brownells with lowered flared port, sights,
seems to be a good price, are these good slides? I just want a dependable 1911, no
.45 Super, no guide rods, simple fixed sights
could you e-mail with a price, also if you have slides for sale that are cheap, thanks

Essex now makes a slide that has a lowered ejection port, forward cocking serrations, and BoMar sight cut, for less than $200. I have a stainless Essex slide on one of my pistols, and I am impressed by the value.

I built two pistols on those frames myself. Nothing seemed less than top quality. They are cast, I believe, but you wouldn't know it by looking at them.

Back