EOTech to pay SOCOM $26 million settlement for sight issues?

Is this not an enormous problem for most all law enforcement and military? No Yahoo news about it yet.

That has been kicking around for a while. The $26M is an L3 SEC filing regarding a potential payment. Not in stone yet.

Appears the manufacturer has admitted the problems. What is still unclear to me is was there actual parallax absent temperature issues, or was it perceived parallax due to thermal shift.

They have this disclaimer, since this summer:

"EOTech users will often experience a point of impact shift away from the point of aim when the sight is used at a temperature different from the temperature at which the sight was zeroed. The point of aim shift may be greater the more extreme the temperature change. To achieve optimum accuracy, the sight should be re-zeroed whenever the temperature changes from the temperature at which the sight was zeroed. All EOTech sights exhibit a varying degree of parallax depending on operating conditions."

Are they taking into account the variable rate of powder burn with the bullet temp rises and falls? Bullet temp can greatly vary POI. IF i sight my rifle in when its 70 out and then go shoot in -10 temp... my poi is going to be very different. Not because of a optical -CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED- or paralax but due to the cartridge and powder temp.

Back