EoTech Holographic Sight

General_Tso

What do you folks think about the EoTech Holographic Sight? Would it be good for a close- to mid-range sight for an AR15? Are they pretty rugged? How does it compare to the Trijicon Reflex or other sights?

Thanks,

--Tso

I recently put the EO Tech 552 on my M-forgery. I replaced an Aimpoint comp M2 (and before that I was using the trijicon Reflex II). The battery life is much better with the Aimpoint; but the EO Tech retical is much faster in my opinion. I also like the fact that the AA batteries that I use with the EO Tech are much easier to come by in the field.

There is some controversy with EO tech about holding a Zero -- some people will say that it drifts. However, I have yet to replicate this with mine, and I use it as a loaner to local police departments and military units as a T-E piece -- it certainly sees some abuse. So far, it has been solid as a rock.

My .02 says that is rugged, quick, lightweight. and uses a common battery. It down side is that it has a low battery life.

Lightfighter,

Have you received any first person reports of the Eotech's performance from military users?

Thanks

Lightfighter,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I agree, the AA batteries is a cool option. So do you like the reticle? I wasn't sure how I liked it.

--Tso

I have the first generation Bushnell HOLOsight and the Aimpoint Comp M-XD. As soon as I can get the jing together, I'm getting an EOTech 551/552.

I LOVE the reticle on the HOLOsight. The dot/circle reticle is soooo much faster than the 3 MOA dot on the Aimpoint.

The only problem with the first generation HOLOsight was durability. The laser emitter is not fully encapsulated, so any blockage of the laser would kill the sight picture. The N-cells also didn't last very long.

The new EOTech is the real deal. The laser emitter is self-contained. The military models come with the ruggedized hood, which was hard as hell to find on the original HOLOsight. It's shorter and lighter and now can take AA batteries for decent battery life.

Only one thing. I have no illusions that the EOTech, as a HUD-type sight, is as durable as my Aimpoint or any other rugged closed-tube sight. If you are gonna be deployed in Afghanistan or some other inhospitable area, the Aimpoint M2/ML2 might be a better bet.

Justin

EoTech Models

On the EoTech web site they don't really list models. The site doesn't look to be really geard toward the consumer. The last point about the latest model being the "deal." How can you tell you're buying the deal?

I'm looking for distributors now.... but where are these babies found?

/jim/pearland/tx

Besides the ones mentioned above:

1. LPS Tactical (lpstactical.com)
2. Sableco (sableco.net)
3. Mirage Technologies (miragetechnologies.com)

Justin

Of the three listed above, I would have to throw my hat in the ring for Donnie at Sable co. He is who I always send people to when I am out of stock of EO Techs; he is one of the best guys in the business in my opinion.

Sable co.

Except he has a website which advertises prices on items he won't honor and if he sends you defective products you are on your own. No support.

Here I go making more friends....:rolleyes:

Sable co.
Except he has a website which advertises prices on items he won't honor and if he sends you defective products you are on your own. No support.

Here I go making more friends....

I am sorry that you had trouble with Sableco. That is the first I have heard of that. I hope it was an unglued transaction and not a trend; becasue that would be bad.

Sable Co.

To be fair, his website does state all sales are final and he did match a competitor's price on an item.

In the future, I will gladly pay a higher price for some kind of customer service. I would have been much happier if Donnie would have simply exchanged the straight-out-of-the-box defective gear, instead of giving me the "sorry for your luck" routine.

I had to wait almost to 2 months for the manufacturer to do the repairs. The gear still has to go back to the factory again because the repairs were not complete.

I figure if I spend almost $1,000 cash with a man he should make an attempt to resolve the problem. Especially, since he knew I needed the gear for a class.

I know Sable Co. lost me as a customer over this.

Last edited:
I didn't realized Brad carried EOTech scopes until now. I'd recommend Lightfighter too, based on prior experience and feedback from others.

G3: "all sales are final" generally does not negate a merchant's implied warranty of merchantibility and/or fitness for usage in most states.

Justin

Back