Entreprise M14A2 receiver

Cliff

Does anyone here have an M14 built on an Entreprise Arms receiver?

My intent is to buy a receiver and then send it to Fulton Armory to have it built up into a service grade rifle or better.

I like the Entreprise Arms receiver because it is machined from a billet, and the company itself seems to have a pretty good rep.

Since forged receivers are unavailable (with the exception of Polytech), the EA receiver seems the next best bet.

Smith Enterprises, Springfield Armory and Armscorp receivers are all investment cast.

I'll be calling Clint & Co. to see if they've built a rifle from one (I know they recommend SA receivers as having the best balance between quality and availability.)

Apologies for being somewhat long winded and thank you in advance.

Cliff

Had this problem when I was buying these guns in the past and just bought SA guns. Though I know what you mean about cnc machined I like them better to.

I had heard too many conflicing stories about the various brands of receivers, all QC problems, if you search this site you will see them, search for m1a/m14/quality control.
Fulton and Smith enterprises had vastly conflicting stories about adding lug and other modifications to these gun and since I didnt know which was wrong I just bought pre made. Get M14 original in future if you live in a state where you can, the forged quality if top notch. You might be able to find a old smith enterprised milled steel receiver, but they are now collectors pieces. Good luck.

Not to put a damper on your enthusiasim, but I'd question working with Enterprise again.
I purchased a Type 3 Fal receiver from them.

The work was top notch, WHEN i recieved the receiver.
They were listed in SGN as "shipping", I called and they just ran out. A new run would happen in two weeks, and I should receive it on the third week. LONG, LONG story short. I received my receiver 8 MONTHS later.

Again, quality was GREAT, but I wouldn't hold my breath on receiving the part for some time.

Maybe my expierence was odd, but it didn't seem that way when I spoke to the guy at Enterprise.

just my .02

Eric

Thank you for the replies, folks!

I would LOVE to able to get an original forged M14 receiver, but even if I could find one, I'm in CA and it's very class III unfriendly out here.

oberkommando - I'm going lugless. My understanding is that the lugged receiver helps to better maintain long term accuracy on high end match rifles. What I want is an M-14 as close as possible to the original GI service issue.

Eric - your delivery lag with Entreprise doesn't surprise me, but thanks for mentioning it. As long as the work is top notch, I can wait.

A little additional info for anyone that's interested - I talked to Entreprise last Friday. Their intentions are to finish the run of 2,000 M14A2 receivers and have them available this Jan. Price has not been set. This will also be the LAST run.

In talking to the rep, I got the impression that the M14 receiver is very difficult and time consuming for them to produce. They also are starting to concentrate on their M1 Garand receiver.

I received a reply to my post at gunandknife.com from someone who did have an M14 built from the Entreprise receiver and he was extremely happy with the results.

Now if I can just get the d@mn receiver. :)

Cliff

Back