Enough is enough!!

Targa

I am tired of leaving blood from my knuckle on the trigger guard of my 5.5" Super Black Hawk. As good as the wood plow handle grips look, they have to go. I would like opinions on replacements. Thank you.

Having owned two Ruger SBH pistols, the best replacement I could suggest is replacing the gun. Never had it happen on my Smith....and it was a lot nicer gun. The Ruger shot good, but it's no 629.

Ok thanks, yeh my hands are big and it is causing a problem. Love the gun and can shoot .44spcl all day out of it. I could actually shoot mags out of it (240grn) just fine and comfortably if it weren't for the impending knuckle slap. I am going to try and rent a Bisley gripped 3.75" and see where that goes in putting a little distance between my knuckle and the guard.

I chose NoneSeondBest's idea. I replaced my Super Blackhawk 6 inch with a S&W 629 4 inch. And, a Ruger Bisley Blackhawk and a 44 Vaquero; also Bisley gripped. Knuckle slap was never a problem with any of the later guns. I think the rounded trigger guards solved the problem. I liked them enough that I am searching for a Bisley gripped 45 Colt/ACP. But it must have the rounded trigger guard.

Mine does have the rounded guard but the problem is two fold, #1 my knuckle is very close to the guard and #2 it is a tight fit to get my ring finger on the plow grip handle which obviously my pinkie finger is out to dry. The gun can roll a bit more when I only have 3 digits on the grip especially with 300grain thumpers.

Back