engravers

Laser or manual

I'm looking to get a engraver to add logos to lowers. Does anyone know of a low cost one?
I'm sure there is one in your area, unless you don't care about shipping. You have not listed where you live. I am aware of two and one of them using a laser to engrave. I seen this laser engraver that run off some software. They are amazing. Now, hand engraver is also local and she does some fantastic work. I would assume that the laser engraver would be less expensive liking.

Be Safe !!!

Even a cheap laser engraver can do fine work on anodized aluminum (including AR Lowers). This brings custom work prices down by a good bit. If you have a high-resolution .jpeg file of what you want engraved, it's fairly easy for a guy with a laser. Also, if you make an appointment and take the stripped lower in anyone (including those without FFLs) can do it. Many won't, as they'll be afraid to, but I have spoken directly with the ATF over the matter and received assurances that as long as the owner stays with the rifle then no FFL is needed to laser engrave a logo on a lower.

Prices will run anywhere from $60.00 to $120.00. Anyone in the low end of that range and I'd ask to see pictures of their work.

For rotary, or true engraving, with paint fill... well prices will be more. By a good bit.

Laser engraver

nuchie11
May be old but finally found the laser engraver that I mentioned on an earlier reply. I've seen his work and pretty good work. I'll let his website speak for itself. …. ;)

https://r3-mag.com

Good luck and;
Be Safe !!!

CO2 laser engravers will not engrave deep enough to meet ATF specs.
You will need a Fiber laser to engrave aluminum to the proper depth.
A manual Hermes diamond drag engraver will engrave AR receivers nicely. It takes a little work to come up with a jig to hold them.
You will need the large "T" series floor model. The smaller models won't work for lowers. You don't need one with the motor. They can be found on EBay for around $400-$500. A trophy shop may have one for sale-as they have mostly switched to fiber lasers.

"I'm looking to get a engraver to add logos to lowers. Does anyone know of a low cost one?"

I'd suggest that you GOOGLE electric engravers to find who manufactures those for what you're looking for and then read the reviews of those who ACTUALLY bought and own one. That way you will get an accurate review, rather than any guesswork.

You might also consider electronic etching equipment that works really well for what you suggest.

I'm quite sure I know what I'm talking about. I have been both hand and machine engraving for 45 years.

Electro etching will probably not give you the depth and clarity you need.

Back