Enfield No1 MkIII SMLE help

Deltadart

I have acquired a barreled action SMLE, which I would like to put a wood sporter stock on. Does anyone have a suggested source for a stock for this type military rifle?

In the old days, Fajen, Bishop and some others literally built their businesses providing sporter stocks for the milsurp rifles of WWII and earlier that were cheap on the market in the 50s and for a couple decades afterwards.

I'm sure the custom stock people operating today still have a couple of designs to fit what you're looking at. Not as much as they once did, but you should be able to find something adequate.

Richards Microfit sells a "99%" fit stock for the Enfield. Richards stocks require a lot of finishing, but they have an outstanding selection of types and grades of wood.

Thank you for the help, right now it looks as though Macon is the choice, they are in Warswa, Mo which if I remember correctly is where Bishop and Fajen were. Boyds, Sarco, and Richards do not offer No1 Mk3 stocks. Bishop and Fajen I think are now Manitou stock but not offing the complete line from the Bishop or Fajen, no luck there.

I now have the stock for the SMLE, just ended up with replacement walunt stock from England. Does anyone have a gunsmith that works on the SMLE rifles. I would like to have the stock professionaly fitted. I think I may be able to do the final finsh but that depends on how the carpal tunnel goes.

Back