Enfield No1 Mk3 - opinions

Pthfndr

I just came across this rifle. I know almost nothing about Enfields. This one is an Ishapore. Decent gun? Yes, No? In addition, can someone tell me where I can find info to take the darn thing apart?

I've got one, I love it. For a $100 rifle of course. I've gotten 4 to 5 inch groups. Nothing special, but this is my "beater" gun. Its big & ugly, and it works. It is rather heavy, especially around the muzzle. I know we have a few TFLers who have removed the heavy bayonet lug, and chopped back the wood to make it a little more user friendly, but I have left mine alone just because I like the sheer ugliness of it. Plus 12 rounds of .308 is great, and if that fails you can always use it as a club. :)

On detail stripping I'm not to sure, I've never really ripped it into all of it's little pieces. To field strip: open the bolt, remove magazine. Grab the bolt face, you can see where it goes over the rail (going to call it that because I'm not sure what else you would call it) on the right side. Pull that up, off the rail, the front of the bolt will rotate, and you can then slide the bolt out of the rear. To reassemble, reverse the process.

Pthfndr, check your e-mail, I sent along some instructions for you. I have the Jungle Carbine version of the Ishapore and I really like it. Good luck.

------------------
Beware the three D's: The dumb, drunk, and deranged. Chadintex@hotmail.com

Make sure it is a real No1 Mk3 or a 2A as the No1 Mk3 is in .303 brit while the 2a is in 7.62 nato.

DONT hack on it save some time and just buy a synth stock from Advanced Technology Inc for $50.00 (centerfire systems 1-800-950-1231) and no I don't work there :)
they also have scope moutn for $40 look around you might get better pricing.

[This message has been edited by Nestor Rivera (edited April 05, 2000).]

Back