Encore 209X50

Kobra

I am thinking of purchasing one of these in SS/syn for $499. I have found only one review and it was a positive one. What's the opinion on these?

I was interested in the .50 Blackpowder setup. I will probably end up buying extra barrels later to have different calibers.

I traded in my Knight Disc for one and I love it! We had to order a base for my scope so I went to the range with the iron sites. After adjusting the sites right 2 clicks, I could shoot 1" @ 50yds. After I mounted & zeroed the scope,I could do 1" @ 100yds and abt 3 1/2 @ 200yds. (Leupold 4X)

Also have barrel in 7mm Mag. I sighted it in @ 1in high @ 100yds then moved to 200yrds. Fired first round in X-ring, fired the second shot and couldn't find it with spotting scope. Since I was the only one on the firing line, I walked downrange... SAME HOLE! Third round made a neat little ace-o-spades pattern. The only problem is tooooo many choices and not enuf fun-dage!

kn4qb,

Which Super Disc did you have? The .50 or .45? The .45 really interests me also but I really like the feel of the Encore.

I may buy one tomorrow, but we will see because there are about 5 other things I want too and the funds are limited to one or two of my choices.

encore 209/50

Last year I was all set to make the jump to the inline shooters and I had decided on Remington. While I was handling the Remington the salesman handed me the T/C Encore. It just felt great. I bought it and after a brief discussion with the guys in their customer service dept., I was shooting a 1" group at 50 and then 1 and 1/2 " at 100 yards. Don't know what my next barrel will be yet, but you can't go wrong with the Encore.:)

Kobra, I had the .50. Couldn't get it to group with any combo of powder / sabot / bullet. My buddy bought one @ the same time I did and had the same problem. I know other shooters that swear by them....I only sweared at mine. Hope this helps!

Well I made a trip to my dealer to order my wedding present and I will be damn there is now a 209X45 too. Damn I missed the ad or article on that somehow. Every time I think I have made my mind up on a firearm someone makes something new to confuse me with.

Back