Encore 209x50

5ptdeerhunter

I am thinking about purchasing a Thompson Center Encore 209x50.

I want to get a muzzleloader for the muzzleloading season here in Michigan.

Were I hunt we can only use shotguns no rifles, but my uncle has a place I go about once a year. I want the Encore so I can hunt the muzzleloading season. Then just buy a rifle barrel perhaps 3006 so I can hunt my uncle's land.

Are Encore's good to shoot and are they reliable. Or should I just buy a lower priced muzzleloader. I only know what I have read in catalogs. No one I know has one.

If anyone has any information.

Thanks in advance.

There are considerably cheaper ways to get into muzzleloading for hunting purposes. The T/C Encore is a great idea if you want to use it as an Encore smokeless pistol or rifle, but I don't think it's the best for muzzleloading only. Try a T/C Black Diamond if you want a modern muzzleloader. Cabelas & BassProShops have several other brands and models, and usually beat local stores. CVS and Traditions- tend to have the lower end models. You'll get what you pay for.

I kind of like the idea of being able to turn it into a rifle or shotgun by just switching bbls.
Oh by the way what's the going rate for rifle barrels.

It's a very nice piece and if you are a regular hunter I don't think you'll be dissapointed. Adaptable and well made. Sort of like a 30 30 on steroids.

Back