Encore 209 X 50

Kobra

I finally got me one this weekend in the SS/Syn variant and fired it yesterday with 150 grains of Pyrodex and some Barnes 250 gr sabots.

What's the best accuracy anyone has gotten out of theirs with a certain sabot and load? What size of scopes do you guys have on yours (if you have any at all)?

Can you get the barrel for the 209 X 45 somewhere and what's the take on that one?

209X50 load.

I tried a bunch of loads and finally settled on one suggested by TC:

2 pellets and a TC Mag Express Sabot with 240 (250?) grain Hornady XTP. These are sold under the TC name. I can find them at Wal Mart.

My gun and two friend's guns all shoot this load about 1.5-2" groups at 100 yards. We each took a white-tail with this load last year. All good results, with large exit wounds. The load gives about 18.5-22" penetration in ballistic gelatin at 50 yards.

Hope this helps.

I always heard that the 150gr loads are not as accurate as the 100 gr...interesting. I have tons of 250 gr Barnes sabot so I will shot them up and then try some others. Buford do you have a scope on yours?

Mine likes 2 pellets and 300grXTP's.

For the 209/45, try Fox Ridge Outfitters. They are the custom shop outlet. Lots of new calibers and such.
MFH

Thanks MFH, I already looked there on their website and saw nothing. I may try calling. I will probably try some wildcats out of this gun also because my dealer told me he can get new barrels for about $200

209X50

Yes, I have a scope on mine. I purchased a Tasco from Midway. I picked it because it has Mil Dots and I can run a trajectory chart and use the dots for holdoff. I also picked it because I didn't have enough money to purchase a Leupold and have mildots installed.

I think the Tasco cost $69.00. Although I don't like it as much as a Leupold, I am very happy with what I got for $69.00.

Sorry it took me so long to answer. I have not been able to check the board for a couple of days.

Good luck!!!

Back