EMF Revolvers??

BigMike

Saw an ad in Shot Gun News for 1875 Remington Single Action revolvers. I have heard virtually nothing about this revolver, or anything from EMF. I "think" they primarily produce revolvers in a single action/cowboy style. How durable are they? The ad had them in .45 LC, 357 mag, and 44-40. The ad also had the "Hartford" models.

Thanks, Mike

I believe these used to be made for EMF by Armi San Marco. There have been marketing changes, and I don't know who now makes EMF's guns.
The Colt repros under the Hartford label are supposedly EMF's best, and I read somewhere that parts are supposed to interchange with actual Colt SAA's.
Reviews have shown these "Remingtons" to shoot about as well as the "Colts". Some feel the original Remington M1875 and 1890 guns had badly oversized cylinder throats and didn't perform as well on the whole as Colt or S&W peers. Others say the old Remingtons shot well. ??? Anyway, the modern Italian repros seem okay
Hope this helps.

Lone Star

Both guns I bought came in exactly the same EMF boxes. Both appear to be of same quality. Birdshead grip model has barrel stamp "Hartford Model" , underside of barrel marked AMS (armi san marco). Other gun stamped "New Dakota", underside of barrel marked Uberti. Both guns have two position cylinder pin, one position providing safety required for import. If you look at EMF website I have lowest cost models avail. (which is what I wanted). I've always concidered Uberti to be more expensive and better quality than Armi. This mixture of mfgs. suggests something is going on in cowboy repros. to screw a guy who's not up on what's what. Add to this I read AWA bought Armi san marco, it gets confusing.

Back