EMF Hartford

popeye

Bought these new for $289 each new. Looks like EMF "second" line. Are they worth it?

Attachments

• dcp_0103.jpg
    dcp_0103.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 73
You did well. I've had a set like yours for years and spent a tad more. I have shot them a lot with nary a problem. The trigger on the square butt version is heavy, but it is still one of the most accurate single actions I have, and that includes Rugers and Colts.

I've got a Hartford Bisley 4 3/4 .45 colt, which is a very nice gun, albeit with a trigger that could use some work. Not that it's heavy, but it's rough, and it has this hitch in it that makes it feel like a hic-up. Mine was $275 used, and I thought that was a great deal, so it looks like you made out like a bandit to me. That Thunderer-style grip is very slick. I wish I had one.

I don't want to misslead about these guns. The finish on the barrel and cylinder is bright blue and nicely done. The frame casehardening is "O.K." and the rest of the gun backstrap/triggerguard is done in "Black-Nickle" which probably means brass nickle-plated. They are Uberti however which makes nice stuff but several "levels" of quality. After looking at the EMF site I'm gonna buy a couple more, including a 4 3/4" Bisley.

http://www.emf-company.com/

Back