EMF hartford

Harold

Is the EMF Hartford co out of business?I tried to order a pinkerton model from my local shop and was told they were out of business.Also any negatives on the quality ?

Howdy,

That would be news to me. As far as I know, EMF is very much in business. Here's their website- http://www.emf-company.com/ . Nothing there to indicate that they aren't in business. As far as quality, Hartfords are very highly regarded SAA clones.

Bellicose Bill

EMF Guns

I purchased an EMF Hartford about a year ago. I was pleased with it considering I only paid $300 for it new in the box. There was only a few minor problems with it. The first problem was with the trigger pull and action. It was very gritty. After cleaning out the metal shavings and honing the action it functioned beautifully. The second problem was with the sights. With standard factory loads it shot very low. This was not a bad problem to have all I did was file down the front sight. Now it is a very accurate and reliable gun.

I only have had one problem with EMF, unfortunately it was the first time I ordered something from them. I ordered an 1862 police revolver that they advertised as the hartford model with silver plated brass backstrap and triggerguard. The gun looked really nice in the catelog but what I received was a long ways from looking like the picture. The color case hardening was a plain dull gray with no mottled colors, the polishing had heavily rounded over areas that were supposed to be flat and as for the silver plating, their wasn't any. The worst problem was more than cosmetic though, the nipples were way too big to fit any normal size cap, I figure a musket cap might have worked ok, but nothing else would. Frankly I've seen some kit guns with better finishes and fewer problems, I'll never mess with EMF again.

Back