Emerson Knives

nascarnhlnra

After reading many posts here from such knowlegeable T.F.L.'ers as Tamara and others about these knives I finally got my hands on one. I went to the gun show last weekend and was able to purchase an Emerson mini commander for $ 90 out the door. I have only had this knife for a few days and already love it. The way this thing opens coming out of the pocket is true genius, the thickness of the blade is quite impressive also. I already see a full size commander in my very near future. This mini commander ( which really isn't that mini ) has become my daily carry knife too.:D

i checked them out and wasn't impressed. emerson is getting by on his name. the liner lock is thin, qc varies wildly and finish is a crap shoot. they are way overpriced. hardly the #1 hard use knife their site touts them as.

$90 is a good price for a mini, best i've seen is $100.

Well.........I love the Commander, I have a total of three.
To me they "feel" right. I have a total of seven Emerson knives, so I guess I bought into the Name eh? Finish on all of mine is great, no complaints. I believe the linerlocks are titanium, therefore thinner might not be a problem but I'm not an engineer.
Anyway that is the great thing about choice is that we have one!
Choose wisely!

I've been carring one type of Emerson or another for over 10 years. Haven't had any complaints yet. Current carry is a full sized Commander.

The only complaints I've ever heard about Emerson's (production) knives is that they are pricey for what you get and there weren't enough non-chisel grind knives available.

Traditional grinds are readily available and prices have fell.

So all is well, I guess...

Congrats on the purchase.

All the Emerson's that I have seen have been great knives.

I too prefer the double bevel grind knives, but chisel ground knives are easy to maintain and make great fighting edges as the chisel edge has a little more stickiness or bite to it due to its geometry.

Back