Emergency Guardian price check! Please help!

Onslaught

I just left one of my favorite gunshops, where they had a used NAA Guardian, with 2 mags, for $280, tax included.

The outside was perfect, no scratches, etc. The barrel didn't look so good, as it was dirty, and maybe even had a little rust in the chamber. The rifling looked "unpronounced" (worn maybe?)

I've been wanting one for a while, and I ALMOST snapped it up right there, but I had to run it by you guys (and gals) first. There were LOTS of other people in the store, and at this time of year, it could be gone anytime!

So...Do I take off right now, and buy it, or is it not such a good deal that I can pass it up and wait for a time that I have more money (read that "NOT so Close to Christmas")

Thanks, and Happy Holidays!

Onslaught

Onslaught-

I paid around 320 new for mine- the price is not too bad but if there is rust in the bore I would sure as heck pass. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the input Greg.

I'm not sure if it was rust... I'd have to ask to clean the barrel before purchasing, that's for sure.

I am concerned about the fact that the rifling looked worn down. If the guns just don't HAVE very pronounced grooves, that's one thing. If they start off with obvious rifling, then this gun's been fired a LOT, and I should avoid it.

Any other opinions? I need to make a decision by 6:00pm

Just stripped my Guardian to check the
barrel. The lands and grooves are clearly
visable..but the barrel is clean.
Grooves are not deeply cut and are widely
spaced..I think there are six.
That is a pretty good price.
Wish I could be of more help.

Back