• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

embedding photos

justanegg

when i upload photos they show as a link,

how can i embed them to show in the actual thread?

thanks, sorry if this is off topic, i've tried ot figure it out for a while now. (pictures of my gun if that makes it more on topic ?!!?)

Once you have attached them so they show as an attachment in your post, click on the attachment link and copy the url. It will be a firingline.com link, because you just uploaded, when you attached.

Then edit your post, click on this:
insertimage.gif
and insert your copied link. Save out and you should see your image.

If you have the image saved anywhere else on the internet, you don't have to attach it here, just go to it and copy the url and do the same thing.

this is a test of Mr helms instructions:

attachment.php

::EDIT:: THANK YOU SIR. this thread can be deleted is bandwidth space is needed.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 50
If you have a method for doing so, you'll get better results if you decrease the image size to something less than 1000 pixels across. I typically size the picture so that it's 500 pixels in the largest dimension as the last step in the process before posting.

Before we delete it, let me introduce you to the image user's friend IrfanView.

It can be used to resize the enormous picture to a more usable size. For example, I have taken your photo and resized it to the following:

attachment.php

In addition you come up with a smaller file size (64K vs 208K) which is easier on the upload and easier on our storage space.

[Note - John and I were simulposting, but with the same idea. ;) ]

Attachments

• 002b.jpg
    002b.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 47
Back