• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

email newsgroup?

Shutoku Shia

How about an email based newsgroup
in addition to web-based forums? I feel
that the web-based forums are much
harder to read and respond to when
compared to normal email. Also, there
might be many people who have email
access but not web access. Lastly, for
people who usually does not get involved
in actual discussions but prefer to read
the discussions, it is much more
convenient to read email than to upload
page after page of stuff in order to access a particular website/discussion board.

Good job.

Shutoku Shia
shia@dataphysics.com

Personaly I hold the opesit opinion...
I get enough e-mail...I had to quit the other mail list I want on because with all things combined I was reciving around 75 e-mails a day. Forums wait till I want them, and then are there, and I get to pick and choose what I want to read. I dont have to download EVERYTHING, just what I want to read.

But hey...if thats what the people want.
just my $.02

------------------

Mouse Assassins inc.

I think that an email based grop is a good idea. I like the idea of going to my email as opposed to having to "crank" up the web to enter a group.

to quote him further...

"Lobster Salvidor with a holindaise sauce served in a bubbling way garnished with radish bits, egg on top, and SPAM"

This was a partial quote...if anyone wants the whole thing I have a wav of it :)

------------------

Mouse Assassins inc.

Back