Elusive .22 Long Rifle

mashuhuri

Inactive
Another sticky one that defeats my knowledge. This .22 calibre long rifle does not have any markings or serial numbers except for a "GevarM" marking on the shoulder pad. Even the telescope is without any markings or name. Any suggestions on the make/country of origin?

Attachments

• Opt002.jpg
    Opt002.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 388
  • Opt003.jpg
    Opt003.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 367
The magazine capacity is 60 rounds and the rifle was modified (I presume) to fire on full automatic mode. We havent tried it yet, but it will surely be interesting when we get there.

Looks like a Gevarm E-1, made in France, sold here in 1963 by Stoeger, other US and Canadian importers in the late 60s. Looks like a Euro version, isn't the muzzle threaded for a silencer? Yup, pretty sure that little 3/4" scope is on backwards.

Most Gevarms fire from an open bolt so a full auto conversion would probably not be hard. I trust you have all the required paperwork for that.

Are you SURE the magazine capacity is 60? They listed a 20 round magazine and the one illustrated is not as long as the 30 round mag of an M16 Achisson conversion I have shot.

Just lined up some rounds on my desk, and with 60 they came out looking almost the same length as the magazine... Also, my 10/22 mag is a bit smaller and holds 50, so it would seem to be about right... Methinks.

Back