Elizabeth Dole on C-Span

Contender

Mama Dole is speaking on C-Span. She sounded good until she came to the gun issue and proved she knows really nothing about it.

Some of the gems uttered,"Do American families really need an AK-47 to protect themselves" (Hmmm, seems some folks needed them during a certain riot in LA to protect themselves). "We need to outlaw any bullet that will penetrate a policeman's body armor"( Which bullets would those be?) She even went one better urging an ammunition "testing program" to determine this.(Ugh!)Another quote," We have safety caps on medicine bottles so,I'm for safety locks on guns for the protection of the children" Last but not least,an audience member asked if she would sign the Senate passed gun control legislation. She hemmed and hawed claiming to not know it's particulars but then hedged and said she probably would.

Another Lib in Conservative clothing I guess.

Forget Ms Dole...she has as much chance as I do.

She won't even make VP...she's dead in the water

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"

Just goes to show you how stupid some people can be... She wants to outlaw all bullets that can go through body armor huh? lets see, thats every rifle bullet and almost and every other bullet depending on the range. Would it have killed her to do a speck of research before she opened her damn mouth????
I'm sorry, I'm preaching to the chior, but my blood is boiling.

Ms. Dole seems to be a brainless twit on the subject of firearms. Which clearly means she will be elected to some office, based upon recent experience. ;)

I have acquaintances who worked for her when she was at DOT and the Red Cross. Simple idocy aside, she is very ambitous, very much the political animal, and loves to be the center of attention (don't get between her and a camera). She is not a nice person and not to be trusted, "Sugar Lips" would sell out her moma to get ahead.
M2

Too bad that 35 years old is not mental age; we would have darn few presidential candidates.

Jim

Personally, I think Mrs. Dole is using her anti-gun spiel manipulatively, to stir up media attention that she wouldn't get otherwise. So much for principle! However, I also see her as an elitist who does not want to entrust the power of arms to the very people whose country she has the effrontery to want to lead.

Anyway, I hope she doesn't end up running against Gore, because then our next President would be an anti-gun demagogue no matter how we voted.

[This message has been edited by jimmy (edited July 07, 1999).]

Real simple, folks, Republicans are using her to "trial ballon" the idea of more gun control to the soccer moms. It's the rats that put her up to it that are the problem.

Back