Eley Rimfire Ammunition

slickpuppy

Sorry if this is the incorrect forum but I didn't see one compatible with the question. I am looking for a dealer with reasonably priced Eley .22 rimfire ammo. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Reasonably priced? Tenex is $10 a box of 50. I don't know who the quantity distributors are, sorry. You might try calling SIG to see if they know since they distribute Hammerli.

Slickpuppy: Try Champions Choice in LaVergne, TN. 615-793-4066. They are a large distributor specializing in competition shooting products. Ely isn't cheap though. Their price:
Tennex (Red) 17.50 100rds
Tennex (Gold) 20.00 100 rds
They usually have ample amounts of ammunition on hand meaning they have cases of it.

George Dickel At Work, (great nick btw!)
Yes, I have used Champions Choice but was hoping someone was cheaper. Also checked out Widener's up in Johnson City, TN (my old stomping grounds) but they didn't have any price information on their website. So I requested a catalog. I already have a CC catalog. I have been using Pistol Match in the 41 and tried some 10x after I had just bought the Smith. Maybe I got a bad box of the 10x because I had a LOT of misfires. The Pistol Match seems ok, but I am down to my last 300 rounds. I have tried some of the garbage target .22 out there from PMC, Remington, CCI, and Federal but the Eley groups a lot better. Right now I need to narrow my Eley to the best grouping/functioning variety. I'll get there, but my wallet won't love me anymore :)

[This message has been edited by slickpuppy (edited August 31, 1999).]

A question: Do you have SK .22 ammo over there??

It's made in Germany, under licence to Lapua. It's handmade (almost literally) and SK Rifle Match, which my Anschutz puts through one ragged hole at 50m, is only $6.50Aus a box of 50. If you can get it, it's well worth trying.

See http://www.potfire.com.au/sktour.htm for details.

(Incidentally, if you want a laugh, read about their European "tour" -- talk about yobboes abroad!!)

B

[This message has been edited by Bruce from West Oz (edited August 31, 1999).]

slickpuppy:

I sure am in Perth. I buy it here from Roy Alexander and Sons in Maylands. He seems to have an extensive supply of both the Match and the cheaper version.

Cheers
B

Hi Bruce,
Thanks for the link. I checked it out and found the ammo manufacturing to be pretty unique to be sure. I have searched for the SK ammunition here in the US and can not locate any. I will try Lapua, though. As for Perth, I was there 20 years ago when I was in the Navy and thought it was really quite beautiful. I had thought of moving to Australia but with the new gun laws I wouldn't be able to bring my toys unfortunately so I had to pass.

Slickpuppy:

Yes, Perth is a very beautiful city to look at. Unfortunately, looks aren't everything.

Funny you were here in the Navy -- that's how my sister-in-law met her husband!! He was on a US aircraft carrier, met Sue, came back later and married her. They lived in Canada, then San Diego, then Maine (I loved it!) and now in Oregon.

We just heard on the news tonight of a whole new range of "weapons" to be handed in over the next 6 months (with no compensation), including:

all replica guns (I have two -- and they can whistle for 'em)
"pistol" crossbows
gings (slingshots, catapults, call 'em what you will -- I have one -- and they can whistle for it ;))
"martial arts" weapons(swords, nunchakus, "stars")
batons or clubs

If you have a knife, a speargun or a Hawaiian sling, you now have to show "just reason" why they are in your possession.

Police are also empowered to search you or your vehicle on "suspicion" (nothing more).

Really, this place is starting to p*ss me off severely!!

B

Back