'Elephant' brand BP

If it's the 3/4 pound I gave away eight or so years ago - It'll foul your guns out in two or three rounds. Took forever to clean my rifle.

For what it is, it's good powder and the price was right. It's not any dirtier than an other B/P. Shoot it and take care to cean after it, thouroughly. This brand is current and still available on the internet.

Be Safe !!!!

Never used any myself ..and most I know that have used it say it`s dirtyer than Goex ..but for a good price I`d use it . I bought some China import powder last year for 5 bucks a can ...I figured hey they invented the suff couldn`t be too bad ...It was dirtyer than Goex ..but look at the difference in price .....I enjoyed shooting it . I stuffed my Walker full of it ..LOL :D

Appologies Retracted !!!

I stand corrected !!!

It is listed all over the internet but when you acutally go in to buy, it turns into a dead-end.

Be Safe !!!

Last edited:
I thought elephant was made in south america or someplace down there? I vaguely remember some tests showed lower MV with it compared to Goex and even think I remember the Swiss powder running a bit ahead of both. True? I think I got a can of it here somewhere. unused.

Tom2

I'm seeing information that indicates it is still being made in Brazil and can be imported. I do not recall the name of the company but I'm sure I could find it again. However, I could not find where one can buy domestically. Not too long ago, I showed that you could buy it from a powder suppy house. :confused:

Be Safe !!!

Last time I bought a case of powder I bought KIK 3F from Powder Inc. it was 2 bucks a can cheaper than Goex ..and it cronos hotter than Goex ..I`ll probally order it again ..Unless I run into a better deal ..I`d like to try some Graf and Sons 3F I`ve heard good things about it too.

Back