Electronic target failure

I will get a report on the latest match at Lodi at lunch today.
They have a camera system that was pretty spooky the last time my LR friend shot there.

Friend reports that the target camera system worked well in Lodi until the cheap tablets used to display the targets started fading. Says he will take his wife's iPad next time.

He knew of the shredded cables at Perry, too. Said that was just sloppy installers; the similar setup at Talladega has been debugged and is working well.

Last edited:
Its a new concept and like everything new you're gonna have bugs.

I've shot those targets at Talladega where they have been set up for a while and they worked great.

The CMP started taking them to their Traveling Games and the first time I shot them at the OK City games, they had problems. The 2nd year they were at OK City, they worked quite well.

I do miss the comradeship of the pits but the electronic targets the future of High Power and do make for smoother, faster, matches.

We've come a long way since I've started shooting HP, mixing flour and water to paste targets and paddles to show scores from the pits.

I do miss the paddles, waving "Maggy's drawers" from the pits or trying to shoot the paddles held over the X Ring.

Its a new concept and like everything new you're gonna have bugs.

I've shot those targets at Talladega where they have been set up for a while and they worked great.

The CMP started taking them to their Traveling Games and the first time I shot them at the OK City games, they had problems. The 2nd year they were at OK City, they worked quite well.

I do miss the comradeship of the pits but the electronic targets the future of High Power and do make for smoother, faster, matches.

We've come a long way since I've started shooting HP, mixing flour and water to paste targets and paddles to show scores from the pits.

I do miss the paddles, waving "Maggy's drawers" from the pits or trying to shoot the paddles held over the X Ring.
Right. Working the pits was always part of the fun for me.

My experience was just the opposite at Talladega. I went to a major match there and the electronic targets failed, but not before plenty of delay. After fooling around for most of the day, the match was finally cancelled without anyone firing a scoring shot. It was a complete flop.

Back