Electronic Shot Timers

J. Williams

Need some helpful advice. I am looking at purchasing a shot timer for myself to use at our club matches IPSC/IDPA. Any helpful suggestions as to manufacturers I should look at? Ease of use? Features and Benefits I shouldn't live without? Easy handling?

Well there is Competition Electronics and Pact Timer. I think both have web pages. Both have models that have same features and both cost about the same. For me I just bought one that was on sale. Try to get the same as your club uses, so other folks will be familar with it operation. Otherwise, you will end up explaining its operation every time others use it with you. My 2 cents.

I use a Pocket Pro, made by (I think)Competetion Electronics. I use the heck out of its delayed start and split functions. I also like the fact that it is easy to use for timing others because of its well positioned controls. I received it as a birthday present, so I don't know its exact price, but $125 sounds about right. It is also adjustable for sensitivity, which makes it good for both indoor and outdoor use. I have seen many other models that have the same. if not more features.

Back