Electronic muffs

bionicjcs

Inactive
I just got a pair of Howard Leight muffs. Unlike my previous pair, they dont quick cancel when I shoot. Arent they supposed to cut off immediately when the gun fires? They will cut off on a loud steadier noise, but I guess the shot is too quick

They should cut off the noise at the rated DB rating of the muffs, the sound reaching your ear would be that rating. If it does not limit the noise there is something wrong and you should return them.

I think your muffs are defective.

I used my Caldwell electronic muffs yesterday, without ear plugs for the first time. I was preparing to leave and had to put them back on after taking out my ear plugs due to the end of a cease fire. I noticed a high pitched ringing:(. Does anybody else have muffs that don't ring at full volume?

I have a pair of $20 on sale Caldwell E-Max electronic muffs from Midway. They cut off immediately, and reduce gunfire to a mild "thump". Have had them about 5 years, and haven't cried once!:D

Your Howard Leight muffs must be defective.

Does anybody else have muffs that don't ring at full volume?
My Caldwells don't.

Howard Muffs

Ive only tried them once with a 22 pistol, but it didnt cut the amp off like my old cheap ones did. Maybe I need to use one of the louder guns

I have a pair of $20 on sale Caldwell E-Max electronic muffs from Midway. They cut off immediately, and reduce gunfire to a mild "thump". Have had them about 5 years, and haven't cried once!

LOL..that's what the rest of us have- they do work well, but they are a little bulkier and lack that fancy aux in jack :)

Back