electronic earmuffs

Brutus

Recommendations for a set under $200. So far my research points to the Peltor tactical sport. What do you folks think?

My wife and I shoot USPSA, at least two matches a month.
Been seeing more and more Howard Leight Impact Sport
muffs.

I've had a pair for about 3 years, no problems. Just retired them
and went to a custom molded in-the-ear electronic plug. Bit
more than $200.:cool:

I also use the Howard light impact sport muffs. Haven't had any problems, definitely enough for USPSA 9mm I shoot.

Just bought the Howard Leight's on Amazon for $40 after reading quite a few good reviews. Over 5,100 reviews with 4.5 star rating.

I see that I made a good choice !!!

Howard Leight Impact Sport muffs.
Last Thursday, I received mine that I bought for $45.00. These were shown and recommended to me by a fellow-instructor. I do not have much experience with the different brands but am very satisfied with mine. Being a Conservative, I might add that I was cheep enough to go to Harbor Freight and bought a pair they were selling. Took them back after two days and yes, they are cheep. .... ;)

Be Safe !!!

I use the Howard Leight Impact Sport for outdoor shooting and the Impact Pro for the much noisier indoor shooting.

Well after much research I decided to go with the Peltor Tactical pro's.
They are a bit bigger than I'd hoped but are rated at 26 db. noise rating which hopefully means I won't need additional ear plugs. Going to try them out over the weekend, let you know the results, they seem quite comfortable but I'm betting they are hot, probably not any more so than my current non electric muffs, only concern the old pair are rated at 32 db.

Back