Electron-X Rifle....What Is Remington Up To ??

Milehi

I've been wondering what is Remington thinking with this Electronic, called the Electon-X Rifle. Is it a legal maneuver or a polictical maneuver? Surely they don't think this thing will really sell......or do they?
Its elecronically fired using a computer board and a 9volt battery in the stock, requires a special key to turn it on, and uses special ammo that can only be fired from this type gun. All these great features for only $1900.00........I'd better run down to my gun dealer and put a deposit down so I'll be sure to get one!!
I really think Remington will make a few, try to sell them and can't find any takers, then their lawyers can say " Well we tried to market a smart gun but the public would not buy it". It might help in the court room, but what worries me is a few more anti-gun nuts get elected and they say, well folks would'nt buy your "smart gun"? Well we elitist politicians can fix that......now that you have proven you(gun manufactures) have the technology to make "smart guns", we'll just make it a law that "smart guns" is the only type of firearm you may manufacture.
I think Remington is testing dangerous water, and in the long run we all may suffer.

Milehi. You make some intesting points. I never looked at it that way. Hoever, I don't think that it was meant to be a "smart gun" per se.
There are a few target guns that have been made using some form of electronic firing. I use the term firing, because, if I remember correctly,the electronics were used to release the firing pin via solenoid, rather than a conventional trigger/ sear arrangement as seen on todays guns. This would cut down on lock time, which in turn eliminate trigger jerk, etc. (Not the jerk on the trigger) :)
But you are right. It could be a considered a form of "smart gun". We'll just have to keep our eyes and ears open.
Paul B.

Did anyone see "Meet The Press" last Sunday morning with John McCain. Russert was talking about some people calling McCain a "liberal" Republican. Even though McCain said he was against the Brady Bill, he was FOR laws that would require handguns that could only be fired by its owner.
I'll bet we start to see these type of guns on the market within 2 years and laws being passed that "smart handguns" are the only type of handgun that can be sold.
My .02 cents worth,wait and see!

Speaking of smart gun laws, in Maryland, a governor's commission studying the topic recently concluded with the following recommendation. "By 2002, only those weapons making use of smart gun technology be sold in the state of Maryland". This came after testimony by the BATF and various gun makers that the technology needed to produce a reliable smart weapon just doesn't exist at this time. I guess the commission knows something that the experts don't. Either that or their real agenda is since the technology will not be available, then by 2002 the only other alternative will be to ban the sale altogether. I wonder.

Milehi..
RE Meet the Press
Yep I saw it and it just pissed me off. I hate these old farts who act like they respect the Constitution and then promote this crap. They had their freedoms yet deny me mine.

Bite me McCain and all you faux conservatives, damned quislings

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

It's like comparing apples to chestnuts but I have an electronic paintball gun and it's accuracy and rate of fire are incredible and well worth it. I don't know if it would be as nice with a rifle though.

Back