Electoral Compass Survey

MeekAndMild

This is the site for an electoral compass survey which will compare the visitor's social and economic political opinions with those of the US presidential candidates.

Sites like this normally perform logging operations. So please remember to copy the site link without the quotes, open a new browser window, go to a neutral site (i.e. not a gun forum site) then paste the link into the browser control. This will reduce the risk that they throw out the results which might happen if a lot of people suddenly appear from this site.

Copy link without quotes: "www.electoralcompass.com/language/en"

I was interested to find that my own political opinions are generally closest to those of Rudy but he lacks 100% agreement on gun control issues. Sen. McCain is not as close on other (off topic) issues but he agrees 100% on gun control issues. So I'm going look up the gun control information about Mr. McCain a little bit more thoroughly and vote for him if it's true. The poll also verified my suspicions about Sen. Obama's gun control opinions.

Note, if you reply to this thread please to not discuss non gun related issues. They just cause us to lose focus on what we're here for. Thank you. Meek.

Last edited:
I'm closest to Ron Paul (no surprise) and farthest from Fred Thompson. I actually expected to be farthest from Giuliani, whom I detest.

Interesting quiz, thanks.

Here is another survey which lists the candidates which are still running as well as those who have dropped out. Again, please cut, paste and remove quotes using a new browser window. "www.wqad.com/Global/link.asp?L=259460"

I am very confused. They said I was closest to Giuliani. I don't know why. I think I will go vomit.

I am voting for Ron Paul, and he is about the exact opposite of Giuliani.

*bangs head on wall*

Closest to Paul (whom strikes me as an absolute nut)...

And farthest from Thompson... whom is my #1 choice.

Go figure.

Unregistered, there is a list of issues on the screen on the right that you can click or unclick to see how close you are to a particular candidate. From what I gather from looking at the candidates's websites and the NRA site the rank for RKBA of the ones who are pro RKBA is:

Huckabee >= Paul > Thompson >= McCain > Giuliani
(I say this about Huckabee and Paul because Huckabee appears to be more interventionist and Paul more Laizes faire (spelling?) in their RKBA ideals. RKBA is the one issue where its better to have an activist than a weak government advocate.)

Richardson was pro RKBA but he's out of the running.

The weakest anti appears to be Romney and the strongest Obama with Hillary in the middle.

My 2 cents.

Back