election = football

lmnop

Inactive
Is it just me or does this election remind you of the Super Bowl. Like.. Hillary and Obama battle it out for the white house this Sunday! Don't miss the Democratic brawl in the oval office... Be there or be square! I mean come on... It might just be me but it sounds like their trying to convince a bunch of Lemmings to jump off a cliff!! Do they think were retarded? I love Football, but don't make the elections seem like a game... wait ...I guess it is a game. :barf:

I am afraid that our entire political and judicial system has been turned into a game. The goal is to get elected and crush your opponent. It is no longer abou the people. In our courts is is no longer about finding the truth and justice it is about winning your case at all costs. I once asked a lawyer what he would do if a man came to him and siad "I just killed my wife but the police can't prove it. I want you to defend me and get me off no matter what and money is no object." The answer was, first I would get my fee up front and then if I couldn't convince him to admit it I would do everything I could to get him off. Sadly that is the way it works. A lawyer is required to defend his client to the best of his ability and never judge. A politician is to win with whatever it takes to his best ability. If someone is running for office and they don't think they are the best cantidate they shouldn't be tunning. However most cantidates only follow the advice of others who only have their personal stake in the election and not that of the people.

It is a game to everyone involved any more and your comparision is right on.

It might help if it was more like the game of football. Let's have a few penelties and a clock that says when you can start & when you must stop. Maybe we need a good referree with a whistle that can stop the play & mark off 15 yards for personal fouls. Kick the players out of the game for unsportsman like conduct.

Cheerleaders in short skirts!

I think we've hit on the soluition to politics !!! Brilliant !!!

I would welcome the refs and penalties but how do we get some that aren't on the take. Brilliant plan except for that one little flaw. Wasn't it Dionenes who kept searching for the honest man and never found him?

I'm a die-hard Steelers fan who has been living in New England for 23 years. I've learned some hard lessons in the past six years, but I've found that if you hold onto your faith good will prevail.

I think in this example the coaches have the game to win or lose, not if their guy is most qualified. You may want to use a boxing match as a better comparison. Clintons' trainers have coached her (or aided her) to get Obama on the ropes. And yes, I believe her campaign released the story of his "minister" and his tirades against America. The problem the Dems face is the winner between the two of them being beaten up so badly they have no chance in the main event. And the really tragic part of it is that it may not really make any difference! :(

Cheerleaders in short skirts!

Just as long the players don't choose that outfit (which is a safe bet now that Rudy is out ;) )

I think the best term for this I've heard so far was on NPR (wait wait don't tell me) just this morning: Horse Racism. The media treats this like a horse race. Plus the added benefit of bringing in the word racism makes this term clever. (Creation of the term attributed to the GOP but I can't find any reference)

Get the media out of the election business.

Heck even the media is miss-informed by the media. If it wasn't so stupid it'd be ironic.

Back