Either media misinterpretation, or Israeli AF's "finest hour"...

Manedwolf

"We have drawn up a plan to strike back at Israel with our bombers if this regime (Israel) makes a silly mistake," deputy air force chief, Gen. Mohammad Alavi was quoted as telling Fars in an interview.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,297302,00.html

The news is interpreting that as aircraft. I think they mean suicide bombers, car bombers and the like.

Because otherwise...um...

Well, let's see. Iranian aircraft facing Israel's air force. Which is one of the best in the world. That would be some short lived target practice for Israel, that's for sure. "Fox two! Fox two, fox two, fox two, splash four MiGs..." :D

It'd be entertaining, at least. Israel's "Battle of Britain", but rather one-sided.

We have not seen Iran's ability in a theater of war. Though I do have my doubts, we don't really know how skilled they may prove to be.

But we do know how skilled Israel's air force is. They're some of the best pilots in the world, and they fly fully-updated F-16's kept in immaculate condition. Just watch video of how fast and precise their scrambles are, even.

I agree. I am just saying, you never know. People denied the ability of Hitler and the Nazi party prior to WWII. Wow, were they wrong...

They HAVE to be talking about ground-based bombs....
I would love to have a front row seat if they meant using their air-force against the Israeli AF :D

Are they planning for before or after they build their nukes?:)

Only one of those would have to make it through to ruin Israel's day....

Are they planning for before or after they build their nukes?

Only one of those would have to make it through to ruin Israel's day....

And if one nuke makes it through to Israel ... it will ruin a LOT of people's days. Even if the exchange doesn't spread outside of the Mideast.

One thing about Israel and their military ... historically they are some serious butt kickers at every level. But judging from their recent foray into Lebanon ... they may not be the force they used to be. Hopefully if truly called to defend their country and not do a half-assed invasion straight into heavily defended positions they will do well, but when it comes to war you never know how it's going to turn out.

And if one nuke makes it through to Israel ... it will ruin a LOT of people's days. Even if the exchange doesn't spread outside of the Mideast.
Just as bad if a nuke makes it out of Israel and into Iran.

Personally from what I gathered on the news (Great source eh.:rolleyes::rolleyes:)

Israel was being more cautious than it could have been. Had they steamrolled it without regard for civilian casulties (Like the enemy they were fighting) then it would have gone faster.

Hopefully if truly called to defend their country and not do a half-assed invasion straight into heavily defended positions they will do well, but when it comes to war you never know how it's going to turn out.

I don't know about that, that probably had more to do with the government hamstringing their military.

MosinM38 said:
Personally from what I gathered on the news...

Very good point.

At dinner this week my SIL stated that in important aspects of news she only listens to the BBC.

In her experience, the facts, slants and opinions of the BBC have played out as being closer to the truth than any other news service.

In her experience, the facts, slants and opinions of the BBC have played out as being closer to the truth than any other news service.

Except for the whole "roll out the red carpet for dhimmitude and sharia in the UK" angle they present on things at home...

But no, no, MW, dontcha know, Isreal is weak and helpless and needs our support and us to defend her; else she will collapse. So much so, in fact, that we must spend tens of billions of dollars and shed much of our blood to do so.

NOT - JK, you are right, of course - they would Pwn the Iranian planes in short order.

Back