Edge arms reliant 4-shot derringer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biff Tannen

EDGE ARMS RELIANT 4-SHOT DERRINGER... anyone had their hands on this yet?
I'd very much appreciate your range reports and hands-on experience & thoughts. God bless & stay safe!

Just looked it up, appears they wanted it out by early 2014 though I've not seen any in the wild.

Kind of looks like the old COP .357 magnum derringer but without the power. .380 is the hottest round it's chambered in, the others are rimfire. Seems an LCP would be smaller, probably lighter yet has 7 round capacity... I struggle to see the point of this gun.

Looked it up also. My thought, another loser out of the gate! Why a 4 shot, chambered in two rimfire, and one minimal centerfire cartridge that is the size, and weight, or maybe even larger than a 6+1 capacity 9MM.
Example:
KAHR Arms CM9
Dimensions
Type:
Subcompact
Weight:
14.0 oz. .............(They aren't saying), but I bet with an aluminum frame and that big chunk of steel with four holes in it the weight will be significantly more!

Length:
5.3″..................(.05" longer) insignificant!
Height:
4.0″...................(.25" shorter)
Width:
0.91″.................(.03 narrower)
Barrel Length:
3.0″...................(.19" longer barrel) but only five hundredths of an unchallenged oal

All for what? Limit yourself to 4 rounds of rimfire, or 380 in a gun with some sort of complicated rotating firing pin configuration.
Also, I didn't see any price listed. Probably not for the same reason that the weight wasn't shown. They don't want to run potential buyers off even before it is released!

I won't lose sleep if it doesn't LOL! :D

If they could chamber it to take .357 magnums that would be really cool and I might even buy one because I like the COP derringers, but I doubt they can or will.

These kind of guns are nifty but pointless. If they could stagger the barrels to where the gun is flater and offer it in a big but slow slow round .44 Russian maybe, it might have a chance but there's better options for guns. These are range toys.

Now if S&W would only make a Scandium J frame 14 shot revolver in .500 S&W, with a 1 inch barrel and weighing only 9 ounces, it would make a real impact.

Those novelty guns are fine for folks who like to play with new toys and have the money to do so. The folks I feel sorry for are the ones who might be misled into buying a silly gun for serious purposes.

Jim

Those novelty guns are fine for folks who like to play with new toys and have the money to do so. The folks I feel sorry for are the ones who might be misled into buying a silly gun for serious purposes.
Seems like there is an ongoing thing to design silly looking guns. From see through side plates on revolvers to curved semi-autos. From bulky, square barreled Derringers to the pinnacle of stupid design, and non-function, the USFA ZIP!

I love novelty guns and I buy them and I even carry them.. It is to have great new gun designs hit the market outside the cookie cutter Colt and S&W clones. It is nice we are not stuck in the 1960's.
I have a S&W Performance Center M327 titanium and scandium 21OZ snobby that holds 8 rounds of 357.
I even Have a Boberg XR-9S too. You know they have a 45 now too. (Don't have one of those yet.) http://www.bobergarms.com/

Last edited:
well i would really call it a "novelty gun", it's more of a BUG(back-up gun) or a belly gun, and they do have their uses, and like i posted in another thread, shot placement trumps cal, no matter how small/"wimpy" the cal, put the shot in the right place, and it will be lethal, kinda like a certain member's sigline,"i rather be shot with a 50 cal in the foot, then shot with a 22 short to the back of the head".

That 'tactical' Bond derringer (which I've seen) has appealed to me on the just because gun rationale. It's like my NAA 22S minirevolver - I bought it just because!

That Charter Arms revolver - that's a weird one.

I have seen 2 references to a "weird" Charter Arms revolver. What gun is it?
Charter's web site just shows all the Undercover varieties-calibers, colors, etc.
I see nothing weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back