Eddystone M1917.........................

BCR1

Another mil-surp I picked up two years ago that has what looks like the original wood but w/o any stamps at all. Does that mean it never went through a re-furb?

Bill

Attachments

• IMG_0502.jpg
    IMG_0502.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 189
It has been through an Arsenal, if it hadn’t the colors on everything would be different than they are, all parts would be E eddystone marked and it would have the eagles head stamp on it. If void of any markings then it has been put in a replacement stock at some time. Now stocks were all over the market for years. Check your serial number and barrel date too.

Winchester bolt w/flame bomb, Winchester nose cap. E and flame bomb 7-18 barrel, Eagles head on bottom metal behind the front action screw, E marked ladder sight, flame bomb on left side of receiver and the stock de-faced on the nose under the barrel.

The bore looks fine. 755*** serial# Finish looks like grey/green park. What would the value be on the piece in this condition?

Thanks,
Bill

I would place a value of $900 +/- on it. I know that some of the more experienced collectors will say that is too high and others may say that is a little low, but I have seen similar M1917’s sell in that price range recently.

I would place a value of $900 +/- on it. I know that some of the more experienced collectors will say that is too high and others may say that is a little low, but I have seen similar M1917’s sell in that price range recently.
Thank you kind sir. It shoots very well for a 103 Y.O. rifle and I have less $ in it so I'm happy.

Bill

Back