EDC: Glock 19.5. Jan. 2022. (3 Set Ups)

Hello.
Started the journey with an optic on my handgun in 2020 (late to the party?) and fully committed this year.

I've been a Gen 3 Glock fan since I can remember and have always swapped back and forth between SIG or HK DA/SA guns. This year after a few friends mentioned how much their Gen 5s have impressed them for years I decided to jump on a Gen 5 at the beginning of the year. I think the first week of January at a gun show.

Glock 19M: I purchased this at the gun show and immediately went to the range right afterward. It has DLC internals and all that jazz. As someone who loved sending my parts to Robar back in the day for that NP3+ finish, this called to me. And you'd think I had been shooting the gun for decades. It has Ameriglo Agent Sights with an orange front. I cut out the X and 9 on the target at 7 yards, then 10 yards, and finally 15 yards. I was sold.

In fact, so sold that I wanted to get myself a MOS slide to put on the 19M frame. The only issue is that people were selling them for the above cost of an actual OEM and complete Glock 19 MOS Gen 5... Weirdest thing ever.
Lo and behold, I found a slide from Grey Ghost Precision. Sold my Gen 3 19s and went full in.

Glock 19M frame with GGP V4 Slide: The slide came in and I purchased all OEM internals with the exception of the channel liner. Mounted one of my spare Trijicon Type 2 RMR RM06 3.25 MOA optics and hit the range. Accuracy was of course phenomenal after zeroing in the RMR. Out of that first outing of 500 rounds, I had about 6 or 7 light strikes.
To make a massively long story on this, since this was February up until October/November of a saga, the light strikes would not stop. Federal HST, Winchester Ranger, Defiant Munitions, SAR USA, Sellier and Bellot, MagTech, American Eagle, etc. All equalling 3,000 rounds as this was going to be my new EDC and my EDC is the pistol I vet the most. So with constant light strikes, I then swapped out OEM with new OEM parts.

Changed the following:
  • Striker spring
  • Striker
  • Aftermarket channel liner with OEM channel liner
  • Trigger bar

All with OEM parts and it wouldn't stop. Common sense would dictate what I should see about the slide.
It wasn't horrendous, but it also wasn't necessary to deal with. I finally contacted Grey Ghost Precision and after a long chain of emails, they accepted to look it over. They only fired 50 rounds and didn't see an issue. Thankfully, they did accept a warranty replacement and sent me a new one.

Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS w/ Forward Control Designs plate:

I didn't expect to receive a warranty replacement if I'm being honest. So I finally found someone on gun broker who was selling a stripped slide for a reasonable price. It arrived before the GGP setup did. I had to send the GGP setup to them for testing but I did remove the RMR.

I had the OEM 19.5 MOS slide already mounted with the optic using a Forward Control Designs plate. I spoke to Roger for a good 20 minutes before buying one since I had one question.

When the GGP setup arrived, I stripped it down, boxed it up again, and mounted my new OEM 19.5 slide, and hit the range.

0 malfunctions. And only 750 rounds in so far but it has been great. Accuracy, reliability which is paramount, and everything else you can think of. Basically, the way an OEM Glock is supposed to be.

2022. Year of the Gen 5 Glock.

Edit: Had to resized photos to upload.

Attachments

• IMG_20221127_141702_347.jpg
    IMG_20221127_141702_347.jpg
    644.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 20221218_101430.jpg
    20221218_101430.jpg
    395.7 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
I have been using a MOS Gen 5 Glock 19 for a few years now. Haven't had any issues. I see mixed luck with some of the aftermarket slides. Ironically I have had good luck with a PSA complete slide on another build, despite the price.

My setup is pretty similar to yours, absent a Streamlight TLR7 in place of the Inforce Wild and I use shorter iron sights as I prefer to have as little irons in the window as possible. I use a FCD plate as well, though in fairness I put about 1000 rd through the pistol with the stock plate and didn't have any issues. The FCD plate was tight, I had to tap my optic in place with a rubber hammer.

I've no patience for buying stuff which won't work. Many folks are better and more tolerant than I. I bought a G19Gen5MOS and put on a Holosun SCS, after shooting 400 rounds with no optic, and have now put 3500 more rounds with the optic on.

I'm still going from no back-strap to large, now medium back-strap. I noticed Glock only provides the beavertail type back-straps now, btw.

IMG_0584.jpeg
I'm also a bit late to the mrds-use with getting my G19Gen5MOS just this year, 4/2022, along with my previously mentioned Holosun SCS.

I'm using the stock polymer sights and trigger, a Streamlight TLR-7A, although I've also tried a Streamlight TLR-1HL, as I've got G19 holsters for either light (more stuff we end up owning).

I suppose, technically, it's not my very first red-dot pistol as I did have an AR-15 pistol for a short time with either a Trijicon MRO or Eotech exps2-0, although that "pistol" was later converted to a short-barreled-rifle.

Back