Easy to release shotgun rack/holder

Goet

Is there a site/company that sells quick release shotgun racks? I'd like something that I can bolt by the side of the bed, most likely to the wall (or, eventually to the side of a safe). Then I would only have to hit the keypad (quick code) to open the clamp, or just unlock the clamp at night for easy access.

Any ideas if and where I can find such a setup?

Haven't seen anything like that. However, these folks have a small gun safe that you can put into your closet wall (fits between the studs). Has a lighted electric key-pad for entry.

Doh! forgot the url. Here it is http://www.gunlocker.com/specs.htm

M1911

[Edited by M1911 on 01-10-2001 at 10:39 AM]

I wonder if cruiser racks are adaptable to this. Some I've seen cannot be actuated if the cruiser engine is off,and I think I saw one with a keypad lock.

Mossberg has out a new mounting kit to secure several dif. makes and models of guns to a closet or wall (at stud) via a rubber coated barrel and chamber plug and a keyed locking clamp around receiver. It might be able to screw or bolt to bed frame. If I remember cost $50-$60 range. You might search Mossberg website or call them direct.
BTM

I've seen one that covers the receiver and locks with a Simplex 5-button lock. Word is it can be ripped open with a screwdriver in a few minutes.

The Mossberg Loc-Box looks pretty good. Methinks it's a potential problem for rapid access:

Storage:
- Load magazine
- Open box
- Open action - round is released into receiver and may fall out or interfere with next step
- Insert receiver into box
- Close & lock box
This leaves the piece with the magazine under-loaded, and probably with a round rattling around in the receiver.

Removal:
- Unlock & open box
- Remove piece
- Close action - is there a round in the chamber at this point???
Having just closed the action while in a rush, you may be startled to hear a "click" (the loudest sound in the world when a "BOOM" is expected) at an inopportune moment, as either the receiver was empty or the loose round fell out. Exepected or not, upon unlocking & removal you may have to cycle the action an unusual 1.5 times (close on empty chamber, open to release next round, close again to chamber live round).

Does all this make sense?

Back