early savage 110 trigger

wideglider03

My dad has a Savage 110 that has a 5 digit serial number, prior to 1962. are there any aftermarket triggers out there for it. timney sent him one but it is not the right one, says on the package 1977 and later except ones with the acutrigger. any help would be great. thanks

The fine people of Timiney will probably take that trigger back if you just call them. If your dad is gun savy enough, why doesn't he try to adjust the factory trigger? But if you need help take it to your local smith and tell him your wishes as he's likely to oblige..My 110 had a 7 or 8 lb trigger when I got it, I couldn't have that, so I got on a website (I can't recall which one), maybe somebody knows which one. I adjusted my trigger myself, I'm also not a gunsmith, but I'm mechanically inclined to the point where I can handle small adjustments and other stuff for my own rifles, and I grew up helping my dad polish revolver internals and fixing alot of different guns..If he's handy he might be able to do it himself!:)

Thanks for coming!:cool:

You can go to www.clcweb.net then on the left side go to shooting and then on the right side scroll down to trigger adjustmens and find out how to adjust the trigger on the older Savage 110's. They also tell you how to adjust other maker's triggers. Hope this will help.

Last edited:
Back