earliest date code on Remington 870

hardluck99

Hi I'm new here. I have been looking around the internet for information on a shotgun I bought last week. It is a Remington 870 20 gauge with a barrel code of BWW. I read that as January of 1950. what my question is what is the earliest date code for an 870. January of 50 has to be very early. Also the barrel has a matching serial number to the receiver. I have a 16 gauge 870 with a YY year code for 1952 and it dose not have a serial number stamped into the barrel. The recoil pad is missing if anyone knows where I can get an original red ,white, black recoil pad I would appreciate it also. Thank you for any information.

According to the Blue Book, the 870 series of shotguns started in 1950 so your BWW one had to be one of the first off the line. What is the model of the 870?

Not the gauge - the model such as "Wingmaster" (870AP), 870ADL or 870BDL (better stocks than the standard one).

Sorry i was not thinking. It is a wingmaster. Checkered stock and forend. i do not know which grade it would be but it is more a carry gun. No vented or solid rib. It has the non glare strip on top of the barrel.

i have a 870 rem in 12 ga with the barrel code CWW and serial number is marked on the barrel, with wingmaster model 870 marked on the left lower rear side of the reciever and remington with the serial number(13519V) near lower center on the reciever. the plain(no rib) 28" barrel is marked modified choke. forend is ribbed and the butt stock plain, butt plate is black plastic marked remington.

Back