Ear "supressors"

DAKA

Has anyone any input on the SILENCER, advertised in American Rifleman, small ear bud hearing protection

I guess I'm pretty much old school in this area. I get by with just the foam plugs and then a set of muffs over them.

I guess though if I was still hunting they might be the thing to have, or maybe if I was still shooting competition and had to listen to range commands they might be useful, although I did okay without them.

Either way good for you for recognizing you have to have some ear protection unless you want to go through your senior years saying "Whad he say???" all the time.

I've got a pair to use in ARA matches but have not had a match since getting them. I wore them yesterday at the CF range but it was a light day (max of 2 people there) while I was there and the other guy was 15 yds from me. His deer rifle did not bother me at all and I was able to carry on a conversation with him when range when cold a couple times.

DaleA
At my age I'm Whad he say...anyway...but the over the head h/d ones are a pain, and my current ones are beginning to fall apart anyway,,,

I bought a set of the 3M/Peltor TEP100 electronic plugs this spring, as summertime in central Iowa can be brutal (temps and RH in the upper nineties). I'd have given these a close look if they had been available then. However, I've not regretted getting the Peltors. The recharging/carrying case is still on the original set of batteries and the NRR is entirely up to which tips you use. FWIW, I paid $265 on sale for mine.

"...I'm Whad he say...anyway..." And the bionic ear doesn't help much either. snicker.
The Midway things are just electronic muffs without the size.

Back